Structural Engineering, Applied Mechanics
Development of Finite Elements, Adaptive Mesh Refinement
Steel Structures, Cable-Supported Bridges
Nuclear Power Plant Structures
Ph.D., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea, 1990
1. Choi, C. K., Lee, P. S., and Park, Y. M., "Defect-Free 4-Node Flat Shell Element: NMS-4F Element," Structural Engineering & Mechanics, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 207-231, 1999.
2. Choi, C. K., and Park, Y. M., "Quadratic NMS Mindlin Plate Bending Element," International Journal Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 46, pp. 1273-1289, 1999.
3. Park, Y. M., and Choi, C. K., "The Patch Tests and Convergence for Nonconforming Mindlin Plate Bending Elements," Structural Engineering & Mechanics, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 471-490, 1997.
4. Choi, C. K., and Park, Y. M., "An Adaptive H-Refinement Using Transition Elements for Plate Bending Problems," International Journal Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 35, pp. 145-163, 1992.
5. Choi, C. K., and Park, Y. M., "Transition Plate Bending Elements for Compatible Mesh Gradation," Journal Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, Vol. 118, No. 3, pp. 462-480, 1992.
Assistant Professor, Pusan National University, Korea (2001-Present)
Senior Researcher, Research Institute of Industrial Science & Technology, Civil Structural Research Team, Korea (1995-2001)
Senior Researcher, Korea Power Engineering Co., Inc., Civil & Architecture Structural Research Team, Korea (1990-1995)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, KSCE, KSSC, COSEIK
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities