Analysis and Design of Power Converter (AC/DC, DC/DC, AC/AC Converter, etc)
Motor Control (BLDC, SRM, Induction Motor, etc.)
AC PDP Sustaining Drive (Energy Recovery Circuit)
Ph.D., Chung-Ang University, Korea, 1986
1. Kim, C. U., "A Novel AC-PDP Sustain Driver Based on Dual Resonance in Sustaining Mode Operation," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 536-545, June 2003.
2. Kim, C. U., "A new single-phase five-level PWM inverter employing a deadbeat control scheme," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 831-843, May 2003.
3. Kim, C. U., "Analysis of magnetic forces in magnetically saturated permanent magnet motors by considering mechanical and magnetic coupling effects," Journal Of Applied Physics, Vol. 91, No. 10, pp. 6976-6978, 15 MAY 2002.
4. Kim, C. U., "ZVZCS single-stage PFC AC-to-DC half-bridge converter," IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, Volume 49, Issue : 1, pp. 206-216, Feb 2002.
5. Kim, C. U., "A Novel High-Performance Voltage Regulator for Single-Phase AC Sources," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 48, No. 3, pp. 554-562, JUN 2001.
6. Kim, C. U., "An Equivalent Load Sharing by Wireless Parallel Operation Control in UPS," Journal of Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 35-42, 2000.
7. Kim, C. U., "A Study on the Reduction of High Frequency Leakage Current in PWM Inverter Fed Induction Motor," Journal of Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 443-450, 2000.
8. Kim, C. U., "A Study on the Simulation Method for the Common-Mode Voltage and Current in the Voltage Fed PWM Inverter System," Journal of Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 246-253, 2000.
9. Kim, C. U., "A Novel PFC AC/DC Converter for Reducing Condition Losses," Journal of Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 52-58, 2000.
Consultant, The Korean Institute of Power Electronics (1996-Present)
Visiting Professor, Department of Electric & Electronic Engineering, Industrial University, Japan (1981-1982)
Visiting Professor, Department of Electronic Engineering, University of Electro Communication, Japan (1979-1980)
Professor, Department of Electric Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1970-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, KIPE, KIEE, KIIEE, IEEE
Honors and Awards
Thesis Prize, Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies, Korea (1996)
Scientific Prize, The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Korea (1986, 2000)
International Joint Research & Activities